Friday 13 June 2014

Vogue 8470


This pattern is definitely on my list to make again, in spite of a couple of tiny flaws. :)


Pattern Used: Vogue 8470 (Vogue Easy Options Line)

Pattern Details: Fitted bodice, circle skirt, Dickie-type insert at neckline, fully lined

Fabric Used: Striped shirting cotton with broadcloth lining

View made: A

What did you especially like about this pattern? Options, options, options! I think the next incarnation of this dress that I make will have that adorable ruffle on the bottom.

What did you especially dislike about this pattern? Not much, it's your standard Vogue pattern, well made with clear instructions. However, the instructions did tax my brain a little bit to put in the insert at the neckline. I thought it was going to just be sewn in, making sure seams matched etc, then lined,  instead of being a completely separate piece. Also at the neckline, I found that the point where all four triangles meet is a huge stress point,  and a little of my white stitching shows, because the seams are pulling a bit. The neckline in general was pretty fussy actually, because you have to do a lot of "stitch to large dot, reinforce, turn" sort of stuff.

What I learned from this pattern: Ummmm.... gimme a sec here..... Not much. It didn't really present me with any extraordinary techniques.

Final thoughts: The fit on this dress could be a bit better, since the seam under the bust doesn't actually sit UNDER the bust, but a little bit higher, leading to a little extra fabric in that area. Other than that it's really comfortable. I made the tea length view so it hits me mid-calf, which means this dress is more appropriate for cooler days.

Pictures:
Front View

Back View

No comments:

Post a Comment