Wednesday 13 August 2014

McCall's 5050

This one's a new one for me. I had been looking at this particular fabric for a while, but couldn't think of the right place to use it, since it was so lightweight. I decided the best thing to do with it would be a nice, flow-ey, peasant blouse.

Pattern Used: McCall's 5050

Pattern Details: Peasant-style blouse with sleeve variations

Fabric used: Lightweight cotton

View Made: A

What did you especially like about this pattern? I like that I don't need to interface anything, and I like how simple this pattern is in general. It only took me about three hours, start to finish.

What did you dislike about this pattern? Not a whole lot.  I found that once I had made the elastic casings and left the opening, it was hard to stretch the elastic so I could sew my casing down flat. Other than that I had no problems.

Did you change the pattern at all? Nope. However, I didn't use the elastic guides provided. Instead, I just measured the elastic to my body to make sure it was the right length.

Final Thoughts: This turned out well, the fabric was easy to work with. I will be making this again sometime.

Pictures:
Front View

Back View

Bow
 
By the way, I don't know why these pictures turned out blurry, but they'll have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment