Tuesday 5 August 2014

McCall's 5523

This pattern's a good wardrobe staple. It's not exceptional in the looks department (but that may be due to my body shape. I don't think pencil skirts are my thing). Anyway, here's the review:

Pattern Used: McCall's 5523

Fabric Used: Grey Suiting

Pattern Details: Pencil skirt with princess seams and back insert.

What did you especially like about this pattern? It came together really easily and I like the different options for the back.

What did you especially dislike about this pattern? Nothing really. It was a simple, straightforward pattern.

Final Thoughts: I wish that I had realized earlier in this project that the seams were puckering slightly. I also wish I wouldn't have hemmed the larger circle insert before inserting it. In the end, I had to cut the hem off and do it again. Finally, I wish suiting pressed nicer. I didn't want to edge and topstitch all the seams, but that's what happened.

Pictures:

Front View

Back View
 
Sorry for the short review, but I find that this pattern really is as easy as presented. I can't really think of anything to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment