Friday 30 May 2014

Vogue 8469

I think this dress is my favourite garment that I've made to date. I love the fabric, it came together really well and it's really comfortable. 

Pattern Used: Vogue 8469 (Very Easy Vogue line)

Pattern Details: Fitted bodice (with a modest neckline), and waist ties.

Fabric used: Soft cotton with broadcloth lining (I LOVE broadcloth as lining. Much better than polyester lining.)

View made: A

Did it look like the picture? Yes, as much as a real object can look like one of those line drawings.

What did you especially like about the pattern? I like the wearability of the finished product. It has a nice high neckline, so that your bosoms aren’t on display, and the soft cotton makes it very breathable.

What did you especially dislike about the pattern? Only a couple of small things. The skirt wasn't lined, and the zipper was a little hard to put in since your sewing machine has to go through about six layers of stuff (including zipper tape) around the waist area. It makes it hard to line up the waistband perfectly. Also, the elastic cap sleeves, while they are cute, can be a little irritating to your upper arm.

Did you change the pattern at all? I added lining to the skirt so that the finished product is wearable on its own. Next time, I would probably also add a little extra elastic to the sleeves so that they aren’t as tight.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very. However, I didn't slip stitch the lining over the sleeves. I sewed both sides with my machine, sandwiching the sleeve on the shoulder between the neckline and the armhole, then turned it inside out. That worked out nicely.

Final thoughts: I really love this dress it fits perfectly and is really wearable.


Pictures:
Front

Cute bow at the waist

POCKETS!

Back view

Cap sleeeves

No comments:

Post a Comment