Sunday 25 May 2014

Simplicity 1802

All right, so here's my review of the  Simplicity pattern 1802. I feel like this pattern has tons of potential and lots of ways to modify and change it. 

On to the review!

Pattern Used: Simplicity 1802 (Cynthia Rowley line)

Pattern Details: Dress has fitted, lined bodice, godets and multiple sleeve options. 

Fabric Used: Satin

View Made: View B, minus the contrast fabrics.

Did it look like the picture? Yes

What did you especially like about the pattern? The piping through the chest area and the godets.

What did you especially dislike about this pattern? I made a size too small so it's pretty tight. It still fits (barely) but it's a little uncomfortable. Did I say a little uncomfortable? I mean VERY uncomfortable. :(. Also, this is more of a fabric dislike, but I ended up doing hong-kong finishing on all the seams around the zipper and the godets which was very time consuming. OH, and this pattern makes my bust curves COMPLETELY disappear because of the v-shaped details. AND having the piping on the waistline makes it hard to put the zipper in.

Did you change the pattern at all? Nope. For once.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yep.

Things this pattern taught me: Hong Kong seam finishing. It's a really good way to make sure that seams don't fray on fabrics that like to fray like satin. It looks neat and tidy, and ensures that you can get lots of wear out of garments made with more fragile fabrics.

Final thoughts: I feel like this pattern is a little fussy over all due to the piping and godets, but well worth it in the end.  I like the way this turned out, it's really pretty.


Pictures: (This dress wouldn't fit on my dress form, since it wouldn't fit over the shoulders.)

Front view

Back View

No comments:

Post a Comment