Saturday 7 February 2015

McCall's 6990

Peplum shirts are in right now, right? By making one I'm not being uncool, right? My foray in to peplum shirts went thusly:

Pattern Used: McCall's 6990

Fabric Used: Poly-Cotton blend and satin piping

Pattern Details: Peplum shirt with sleeve variations and piping variations

What did you like about this pattern? I like the variations both in the peplum and how the shirt is constructed. The next one of these I make is going to have the asymmetrical peplum. I also LOVE the little bow.

What did you especially dislike about this pattern? I don't really like how you are supposed to finish the peplum with the piping, as you do a narrow hem, and just edgestitch. It's OK, but I
find that the piping flips, exposing the edge underneath. I just surged and edgestitched, which was maybe a mistake, but I think that another line of stitching further up the peplum would not go amiss.

What did you learn from this project? Nada.

Final thoughts: I like this shirt. It turned out cute, although the lines of piping flatten my bust right out, so I look completely flat-chested in this shirt. Perhaps that is a positive, perhaps not, I don't really know. It's also a smidge short, but that is probably because the fabric has a lot of body, and so the peplum sticks out quite a bit.

Pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment