Wednesday 18 February 2015

McCall's 6035

This pattern is just a plain, simple blouse. Really sweet, quite easy, nothing too special.

Pattern Used: McCall's 6035

Fabric Used: quilting cotton

View Made: A, with a collar

What did you like about this pattern? I like that it's a  wardrobe staple with easy variations. It's also a simple pattern to put together. I also liked the A/B, C, D cup size variations. All patterns should have this, in my opinion. It just makes the thing fit better right off the bat.

What did you dislike about this pattern? There were a couple small things. I wasn't a fan of the princess seams, but that wasn't the fault of the pattern. It took me a few tries to get them in without bubbling, and then it took even more trying to get the topstitching to look decent. I am also a little puzzled that there is no interfacing down the front. Don't get me wrong. I like that I didn't have to interface, but I think the blouse would've benefitted from a strip down where the button holes go. I did like that I could just hem the thing and didn't have to sew the facing together, then turn it right side out, then hem to the same length.

Did you change the pattern at all? I added a collar, because I don't particularly like mandarin collars. This was really easy though, because the mandarin collar is just the regular collar without the outer collar attached, if that makes sense.

Final thoughts: I will definitely make this again. It's a simple, easy, attractive blouse.

Pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment