Wednesday 11 February 2015

Butterick 5756 Revisited

Hello again! I love being able to re-use patterns. That way, you know how they fit, problems you may have to deal with, etc. in advance.

Pattern Used: Butterick 5756

View Made: D

Fabric used: Cotton and broadcloth, my favorite combo!

I decided to make another view of this skirt, since I really liked how and where the waistband fit on the first one. I made a full maxi-skirt version of this one with contrast yoke and hem band. See the original review here.

The hem band is not a pattern option for this skirt, I drafted one myself by taking some tissue and tracing the bottom of the pattern, then deciding how big I wanted the hem band and adding a seam allowance. I made the band five inches, plus a five-eighths seam allowance. I then shortened the actual pattern piece by four and three-eighths inches so that it came to be the same length as before.

This view was SUPER EASY to sew. I feel like it was a total of about five seams and a zipper. It was incredibly fast. I like the way it turned out too. It's all flow-y and billow-y.

On the sad side, the top fabric shrank more than the broadcloth lining underneath after the first wash, so I need to do a quick re-hem of the lining.

Pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment