Monday 14 July 2014

Butterick 5982

This one came out of the "make this in the future" bin, and so I was less than enthusiastic when I was making it. However, it turned out SO WELL!

Pattern Used: Butterick 5982

Pattern Details: Fitted bodice, high boatneck, pleated/gathered skirt, accent belt, A/B, C, D Cup Size

Fabric Used: Linen, with broadcloth lining

View Made: B

What did you especially like about this pattern? I like the contrast skirt and I like that it's not a super-low-cut bodice.

What did you especially dislike about this pattern? Nothing. It was very straightforward.

Did you change the pattern at all? No, except for adding pockets and lining to the skirt.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. However, I found it strange that you sew together the strips of the skirt horizontally and then have to match the side seams. I suppose that is so that it's not crucial that they line up perfectly, but I would have preferred to make the front and the back, then sew them together along the sides.

Did you learn anything from this pattern? Nope. It was pretty easy. 

Final Thoughts: This just turned out super classy and professional and grown-up looking.

Pictures:
I was only able to get one picture of this dress that wasn't blurry. Here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment